A Wedding MC has many duties and responsibilities to ensure the wedding reception events flow smoothly.
These duties include;
1. Opening the wedding reception by welcoming the wedding guests.
2. Introducing yourself as the Wedding Master of Ceremonies for the reception.
3. Formally introducing the bride and groom’s parents to the wedding guests, ensuring that pronunciations of first and last names are correct.
4. Introducing the bridal party in the order they will be seated at the head table.
5. Creating an atmosphere of anticipation and announcing the entrance of the wedding couple with enthusiasm and applause.
6. Introducing the person who will say the blessing or grace prior to serving the main meal
7. Introducing each wedding guest before they give their wedding speech or wedding toast.
8. Giving the Wedding MC’s Wedding Speech if requested to do so.
9. Reading messages of congratulations from friends and relatives who were unable to attend the wedding. To add humor to the occasion, it’s acceptable to include several humorous “made up” telegrams (which are usually directed towards the groom).
10. Announcing the ceremonial cutting of the cake.
11. Informing the wedding guests that the throwing of the bouquet and garter are about to take place.
12. Announcing the commencement of the dancing.
13. Announcing the first dance by the bride and groom and inviting them to take to the dance floor.
14. Informing the wedding guests that the bride and groom will be leaving the reception shortly.
15. Officially ending the wedding reception, thanking the guests for attending, and wishing them a safe trip home.
The Wedding MC duties play an important role in ensuring the wedding reception runs smoothly, the wedding guests have an enjoyable time, and the bride and groom are left with a wonderful memory for years to come.
“Its the DJ That Makes The Difference”
Hire a Party DJ / Wedding DJ & MC – Call for availability and custom rates
Filed under: Weddings